Sunday, February 10, 2008

February 10-16, 2008 Read 2 Nephi 3-- 2 Nephi 8


This weeks reading is as follows:

Sunday: 2 Nephi 3:1-15

Monday: 2 Nephi 3:16-25

Tuesday: 2 Nephi 4


  • These verses are known as the psalm (or song) of Nephi. Read aloud to get a feel for it. Try writing a psalm of your own. Write things that prove God is with you and will help you.

Wednesday: 2 Nephi 5

  • Verse 27, What do you think it is like to live "after the manner of happiness"?

Thursday: 2 Nephi 6

Friday: 2 Nephi 7

Saturday: 2 Nephi 8

Weekly Reading Ideas:

  • 2 Nephi 5 Color a picture of a temple.

  • Why are temples so special to us today?

Please share we us your thoughts and feelings about this weeks reading.


Bishop

4 comments:

Chris Storey said...

I thought a lot about living in the manner of happiness this week. I know for myself if I am striving to do all the Lord tells me to do that I am more happy inside. I know following the prophet's words and other general authorities' words that we will not be lead astray. This goes back to are we living the Lord's way Or the World's Way?

Williams Family said...

I agree with you Sister Storey. I really can't imagine a life without having a latter day prophet. I often wonder what those in this world do without the power of prayer and the consistent councel of those with the priesthood. We are so blessed to have prophets and apostles.

Bishop

Constance said...

"...the Lord will be merciful unto them, that when they shall come to the knowledge of their Redeemer, they shall be gathered together again..." 2 Nephi 6:11

This verse reminds me that we are gathered together and strengthened as a ward in this "Experiment on the Word". There is great power in knowing the Redeemer. I love being coached daily in the language of the Lord, increasing understanding of His words and His plan.

Frisbies Forever said...

I was impressed by Nephi teaching his people to work, in all facets. Industrious by their own hands. How idleness begats stupidity run amuk. I love how he keeps his promises and teaches, even if no one is listening and even if people seek his life. He goes forward and full of faith. May we all learn to live after the manner of happiness and be truly happy in the face of adversity. Heavenly Father DOES support his children in every effort we make. What indeed a blessing it is to have a Prophet, to never be left to our own devices if we will only humble ourselves to Him.